8.28.2014

Progress!

I know that I have been busy.  I know that I have not been the most up to the minute blogger lately.  I know these things because they are foremost in my mind and it is DRIVING me CRAZY!  I have been going through serious craft, quilting, and sewing withdraw.  There seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel, even if it is very faint at the moment.


This week I finished off my embroidered shoes.  I showed you these little cuties last week.  I drew this free hand flower pattern on the shoe with pencil. (yup, just plain old #2)  I stitched up these shoes with  DMC embroidery floss.  I have heard that DMC does not hold up as well as peril cotton, I'll keep you posted on that.


I added a little leaf and a tiny vine off to the side of the flower.  I have toyed with the idea of adding the vine around the sides and heal of the shoe but so far haven't decided.


For now I am just enjoying the sweet, sweet joy that comes from finishing a project.

No comments: