6.06.2014

Quilt for Hazel

 I finished this quilt top up just before the end of the school year.  My cousin and his wife had their second baby just days before I finished this quilt. Just in time for me to put a little "H" applique for Hazel.


 I used a layer cake from Moda Fabrics Scrumptious line by Bonnie and Camille.  My inspiration for this project was a quilt I sew by Natalia Bonner of Pieceandquilt.com called Jumbo Coins Baby Quilt.  Instead of cutting all of the layer cake blocks in half I chose to highlight several of the girly floral prints.  I organized them by color into rows.  Then using the remainder of the blocks I cut them into 2.5 inch strips, pieced them into groups of 5.   Then once they were pressed I cut them in half and added them into the quilt.  I was a little concerned that the variation would be too busy.  I added a small 3/4 inch white border to separated the rows.  I think it works.



Now to load this baby quilt onto my machine and get her bound.!  Happy quilting!

No comments: