8.18.2011

The Southern Album Quilt


Now that I have some time to myself I finally feel like I can jump back into quilting.  Many of you may remember my intention to start sewing on the Southern Album Quilt pattern I picked up in Charleston in early 2011. You can find the pattern here. My original plan was to do one block a month starting in June.  I did indeed piece one block in June.  However, I did not finish hand appliquéing the block until last week.
Friendship Star with Friendly Berries

I can now jump back into that project, along with several others and try to create a block a month.  This quilt requires a lot of hand applique which should be perfect for all of the sitting I seam to be doing this fall.  With Soccer, Piano, Exercise class, dance class, Girls on the Run and doctor's appointments filling my schedule I should not run out of 'sitting and sewing' time.

With Block one finished I sewed up Block 2 RailRoad Crossing and Indigo.
RailRoad Crossing

The applique is the next step.

No comments: