As promised here is a picture of my sweet niece in her "newly" made dress from Aunt Kristin. The pattern "Sweet Apple Frock" is from Ellie Inspired. It is roomy enough to put a shirt under when the weather is cool and modest enough to wear without when it heats up. Making this versatile dress a must have for any little girl. The dress was a big hit! And to quote a 7 year old,
I have been feeling a little crafty lately. I wanted to sew something that wasn't a quilt. With Easter and spring right around the corner what could be better than two sweet sundresses for my Adorable nieces.
Drawing fabric from my extensive fabric stash, I pulled out all of the pinks I had, a few buttons and some elastic.
Waved my magic wand and said the magic words and "poof" just like that the dresses were done. Ok, it may have taken a bit more energy than that. and yes, I needed a pattern.
I chose this cute patchwork pattern from Ellie Inspired called Sweet Apple Frock. The directions were straight forward and simple! It could have only been simpler if my Magic Wand hadn't been on the fritz, or if I could have used a surger. Finding a pattern that would fit a size 10 and a size 12 months was definitely a challenge but I think this pattern made it work. I cannot wait to see how sweet they look on!
Here it is. My finished Modern Medallion Quilt top! Can I get a WooHoo?
Many of you may remember way back last summer when I took the Handstitched class with Rachel Hauser over at Stitched in Color. This quilt was a collection of hand-stitching projects that cumulate in one big dramatic quilt (that is of course) Hand quilted. I will be undergoing surgery in a couple of weeks which means I will have a ton of time to sit and recuperate. I thought this hand-quilting project would just be the thing I needed to keep me from going mad.
don't you just love quilt tops with feet?
Take a good look at this, you may not see it again for a year or more. :)
Now I am off to load the LOVE Quilt and dabble in a little negative space quilting.
After I tried the 101 block settings, I ultimately decided upon this on-point block setting. I took the few broken dish blocks that were already made, added 4 others to trim the top and bottom of the quilt.
The backing is a cute and oh so soft! Jungle Flannel. I created an applique elephant based on the elephants in this flannel print.
For the quilting I quilted swirls along the border and a wavy line filler along the sashing.
The body of the quilt has an all over leaf pattern. I used a subtle orange peel quilting design for the broken dish block. Now I am off to finsh up the binding.